Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Terrible Two's Totally Suck!

Spencer and I were woke up at 5:30AM by our door bell being rang. Spencer went to the door to find one of our neighbors standing at our door with Jordan. Apparently, Jordan got up and decided to go wondering around outside for fun. Our neighbor just happen to see him and knew which apartment we lived in and brought him home. That was so scarry and annoying at the same time, because I keep telling him that when he wakes up he needs to come get in my bed or wake me up and he just always shakes his head yes. So, with that drama over with I went to work. At about 10:15AM Spencer text messages me and says that Jordan drank baby Tylenol and to come home asap. So, I called Spencer from work to see if he thought that Jordan was okay, because I knew that there wasn't hardly any Tylenol left in the bottle. Spencer said that a lot of it was on the kitchen chair and a little bit on his pajamas. So, I went home on my lunch break to make sure that he was okay. He didn't even swallow enough to make him sleepy, his pupils weren't dialated, and his pulse was just fine. Now, I'm shopping online for a pet gate to put across our hallway because they lock into place and that way he can't get out anymore! I'm also going to the store today to buy some safety locks for our cabnets that he can reach with a chair....including the pantry! I love him to death but right now I don't know whether to be happy that he's alright or mad at him for what he's done...I'm kinda torn on that. Anywho, I'm thanking God right now that he's okay.

4 comments:

Sherwood Forest said...

Yeah, sounds like you have a tamer side of Kaisa on your hands. Although, Kaisa has never gone outside to just wander around on her own. Maybe you guys could put a chain on your door so that he can't get out? Or a bell or something.....I don't know. SCARY! We have a lock on our pantry door....we just took the lock from our bathroom door and put it on the pantry, cuz I was tired of cleaning up messes every day from that. Maybe you could try that. Hopefully he won't get as bad as Kaisa is! Good luck!

Familia Vaca said...

Ive gone through the medicine scares many times with Benjamin.... He can always manage to get his hands on it. I posted a blog the other day of all the stuff he has done! And all the trips to the hospital to make sure he didnt get too much medicine! lol. Now Im trying to potty train him and Im loosing patients fast! I know he is ready cause he knows when he has to go enough to get his daiper off in time to put a load on the floor then picks it up and puts it in the garbage! But when I put him on the potty all he does is wipe and flush and then he thinks he did a good job and wants me to be excited for him! I want him out of diapers though! 2 in diapers sucks!

Jessica T. said...

Oh my! That would totally freak me out! I have no idea what I would do if someone brought my kid to the door, and not knowing they were outside. Probably drop to my knees and start kissing there feet! Man I am sorry you are having to deal with this... I would definately say get a chain. I know they are cheap, and for sure work. Good luck!

Ma Faulring's funblog said...

Sorry Renee, he takes after his daddy, TOTALLY!!!! Temper and all... Good Luck!!