Thursday, December 4, 2008

A New Faulring


On Wednesday night I couldn't get to bed until Spencer came home from work because Ashton wouldn't go to sleep. Spencer finally came home at about 12:30AM so I gave Ashton to him and went right to sleep. Then my phone started ringing at 2:30AM and it was my sister in-law, Bri. She called to say that her water broke and she wanted me to come over and sleep at her house with her 3 kids. I got up and told Spencer what was going on and left on my long journey to the other side of our apartment complex! I was a bit suprised how happy and perky Bri was considering she was probably in a bit of pain at this point. Jon and Bri left for the hospital after making sure that Barb, my mother in-law, could come over at about 6AM so that I could go to work. I finally fell asleep by like 3:30 or 4:00 on their couch. I woke up about three seconds before Barb came knocking on the door. I left there, went home, got dressed very quickly, put my contacts in, brushed hair and teeth, and went out the door to work! I was soooooooo tired today but I made it through work without falling asleep, amazingly! I got a text message from Barb at the end of my lunch break saying that Bri finally had the baby. Her name is Adelyn Grayce. She weighs 7lbs 1oz and was 20 1/2 inches long and born at 11:30AM. She had the cord around her neck three times but she was okay. I am very tired right now but I am going to watch Kaitlyn, Kaisa, and Gage tonight until bed time so that Jon can go back to the hospital with Bri. A pretty eventful day to say the least! Jordan was awake when I left my house at 2:30AM and was still awake when I came home at 6:00AM so poor Spencer didn't get any sleep either. WOW...what a freakin' day!

3 comments:

Jessica T. said...

She is so cute! Tell Bre and Jon congrats! Oh, and get some sleep...

Liz said...

What a good sister-in-law you are, to be available on demand like that!

Sherwood Forest said...

Thanks for watching the kids. She is quite the cute baby, if I do say so myself. ;) Thanks again!