Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Chirstmas Tree











So, last year we put a little 3 ft. tree on Christmas Eve and took it down the day after Christmas. The kids wouldn't leave it alone and so I thought that it would be nice to just put it up, put the presents under it, and then take it down. That worked out great. This year, Pyper started bugging me about putting up the tree on Thanksgiving day and I kept telling her to wait until we could all do it together. Spencer started telling her that we would put it up this weekend so we had to make good on his promise. We put the Christmas tree up pretty easily but then Jordan decided that he wanted to just eat all the candy canes off the tree. I think he had like 3 of them! Spencer handed him a candy cane to put on the tree but Jordan didn't understand so he just started tearing it open and eating it! It was so cute! Pyper was really happy to get all the ornaments on there and once it was turned on it looked alright. However, it has only been up for about 2 hours and Jordan has already tried eating one of the glass balls and then decided to keep taking the big red ones off....he thinks they're apples! I hope that Christmas comes quickly so that I can get this thing out of the living room and put away. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas, I just hate being the tree watcher! Pyper decided to go exploring in our bedroom and found one of Jordan's Christmas presents that we had left unwrapped and she saw the one that are already wrapped and wanted to know what they were. I told her that the wrapped boxes were just decoration boxes and that the Cars chair she saw was actually for Gage and Uncle Jon just wanted us to keep it here until Christmas! She's usually a good kid but she has become a bit curious lately which is driving me nuts!

1 comment:

Sherwood Forest said...

Ah! Welcome to my life! :) We use other people's kids as excuses as to why there are presents in our room and such....so I'm glad to know that you do the same thing! Haha! The tree looks nice! Glad you got to have it up for more than 24 hours.