Sunday, December 28, 2008

Freakin' DRAMA!!!

Christmas day was going quite well at our house until about 2:00pm. That is when I got a call from my mother in-law, crying, and asking me to go over to my brother in-law's house and ask if Christmas dinner was cancelled. I was a bit nervous about what I might walk into, but I went over to his house and knocked on the door. When he answered the door I asked him about Christmas dinner being cancelled and he said that it wasn't cancelled but asked if we could come at 5:00 instead of 4:00. I said sure and began to walk back home. As I was approaching my apartment I called my mother in-law to let her know that dinner wasn't cancelled and to show up at 5 instead of 4. Spencer's sister answered the phone and said that her mom had left in a hurry and was pissed as hell. It was then that I happen to look at the parking lot to see my mother in-laws car parked right in front of me. I went upstairs to find my mother in-law in tears and very upset. Spencer and I let her vent her frustrations for a while and then she went back home for a while until the Christmas dinner. After all of that I really didn't want to go have a Christmas dinner with a group of people that were all emotionally out of sorts, but we did anyway. I have to admit that it was pretty uncomfortable....to me at least. I do love my in-laws but I hate the drama. It was nice to let the kids play with their cousins for a little while and watch them open their presents from Grandma and Grandpa, but I was relieved when it was time to go home and put an end to one dramatic day! When I was growing up I always thought that my family was weird, nuts, insane, ect. but now that I'm married into another family I have realized that my family isn't as bad as I use to think they were! I miss them so much and I wish that I could have sent Christmas with them....less drama....actually, no drama AT ALL! That would've been nice! Anywho, Christmas is over until next year and then I guess the whole dang thing will start all over again, but I look forward to enjoying the break from it all for a while!!

2 comments:

Sherwood Forest said...

Well, at least the food was at least edible, right? ;)
Yeah, I think we just need to stop hosting them (Jon and I).
Hopefully your whole holiday wasn't ruined.

Ma Faulring's funblog said...

I tried to warn you BEFORE you married Spencer!! LOL