Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Woes

So, Christmas isn't going to be as good as I had hoped. Spencer let his brother Joe borrow our car last week and Joe slid out on some black ice. Spencer didn't tell me about it, so when I got in the car last Sunday I noticed that the alignment was WAY off and I asked him about it. At first, he denied any knowledge of it. He later said that he wanted to see how mad I was before he told me what happened to it. I began to think that maybe someone hit our car in our parking lot because it's horrible to drive on when it's icy. Later, Spencer told me what had happened. He said that Joe promised to pay for any repairs and a new tire if we needed one. So, I took the car to Les Schwab to get it aligned and they said that they could do it because the sub frame was bent and so was the control arm. They referred me to a body shop. Joe showed up at Les Schwab when we were leaving and he was apoligizing and promising to pay us back for the repairs. I called two body shops in our area to see about how much it would cost to get it fixed and to set an appointment. One guy I called said that he had just done a car earlier that day with the same issues and it came out to be almost $500.00 and the other guy I called set up an appointment for me to bring the car in on Tuesday to get an estimate. I am just so pissed off becuase I was looking forward to using a $400.00 bonus that I get on Tuesday for some nice gifts for our family and a really nice one for Spencer and now that's probably not going to happen. I am just so freakin' upset right now I just needed to vent so.....there it is!!!

1 comment:

Jessica T. said...

That sucks so bad. I am sorry! I hope the second guy can get you a better estimate...