Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Going Home














I moved to Utah on August 18, 2001. I went back home in February of 2004 for my grandpa's funeral and hadn't been back since until my dad's funeral. When I left home all my brothers still had prepubescent voices and they were all shorter than me. I know that people change over time but I always thought that I would be able to recognize my siblings anywhere and at any time no matter how long it had been since I last saw them...boy was I wrong! When I was exiting the terminal area at the airport in Dayton I recognized this girl that my mom use to babysit when I was younger standing by the door. My very first thought was, "Becky?" Next thought, "Then the other girl must be Angie and that boy must be Walter." How embarrassing to realize that I NEVER would have recognized my own siblings if they were to pass me on the street. Even
scarier, Walter drove us from the airport in Dayton down to Cincinnati. I thought I was going to DIE! I made sure to take a ton of pictures while I was there. I knew that I was home sick but I didn't realize how bad it was until I was on my way home. I actually had a layover in Cincinnati and then flew up to Dayton...go figure and when I was landing in Cincinnati I was so happy but the minute my plane that was going to Dayton got off the ground my heart sank and I felt so sad to know that I was so close to home but I had to fly away and then drive back down...how pathetic of me! Anywho, I enjoyed my time there even with the given circumstances surrounding my visit.
Pictures:
Grandma and Mom
Me with Angie
Ronnie
Walter
Kenny



3 comments:

Janet said...

Hi there, Renee! Hope you found all well with the family upon your return to Utah. It was great to see you and truly a blessing that you were able to see your family after so long and bid farewell to your Dad. I love you!! Aunt Janet

Anonymous said...

Hey, I don't see a place on your blog where I can become a follower. So how do I do this?

I have a blog now also. Just started yesterday (thurs) so still learning come visit and become a follower of mine.

http://havefaithbelieve.blogspot.com/

shyla said...

sorry to here that uncle ron past away in april,we miss him too, but lease he's in an better place.
sincerly ur cousent,
shyla