Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Passing of Dad

At 5:00 am est my dad began having trouble breathing. He was pronounced dead a short while later. The funeral is going to be on Wednesday, April 8, 2009 in Cincinnati. He had just turned 55 back in February. He leaves behind a wife, five children, three grandchildren, and two sisters. This past year he was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and diabeties. After his diagnosis he got progressively worse over time. He fell a couple of weeks ago and went to to the hospital for x-rays which came back clear. He got really sick after that and was admitted into the hospital. He had blood poisening and something wrong with his liver but he refused to allow the doctors to treat him. They decided to send him to Blue Ash nursing home for rehabilitation and was only there for a few days when he passed.
My dad and I never really had the best relationship but I do have several good memories of him. I remember going grocery shopping with him when I was like 4 years old and bugging him because I wouldn't follow him and I would disappear. I remember being at my parents wedding and watching him look like he was about to die from the early August heat! When I was old enough to begin dating he tried to scare away the boy that I liked but it didn't work...I think he was a bit aggrivated by that at first. When Spencer talked to my dad to get permission to marry me my dad had him on the phone for like 15 minutes just giving him the third degree. I was suprised that it didn't scare Spencer away! I went home back in 2004 for my grandpa's funeral and I took Pyper with me. He wanted to hold her and she just screamed as loud as she could. Trying to carry a conversation with him was always very interesting and to be honest kind of scary sometimes. He will be missed.

5 comments:

Sherwood Forest said...

Renee~
I'm so sorry to hear about your dad passing. We will keep you and your family in our prayers. I'm so sorry sweetie. WE love you!

Jean Fields said...

Renee,

I am so very sorry. It must be very hard being so far away. Please know you have my love and my heartfelt sympathy. Heavenly Father will be there for you and for your family. I love you.

Jessica T. said...

I am so sorry for your loss Rene... You are in our thoughts at this difficult time!

Lori said...

I'm sorry about your Dad, Renee. Glad that you were able to go home for the funeral. I hope you have a good visit with the rest of your family.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your Dad, we tried to see them while we were in Cincinnati for Melanie's Dad's funeral last fall, but couldn't find them. Seems sad now. Hang in there and enjoy seeing your family back home.

Jim, Melanie and Kyrsten